Education & Training Evaluation Service (ETES)
HELP YOUR STAFF ACHIEVE THEIR GOALS
The Education and Training Evaluation Service (ETES) of the Office of External Programs (OEP) provides evaluation and assessment services to organizations that offer in-house training programs.
Training and education programs are usually designed to meet learning objectives that address the organizationís needs. The purpose of the Education and Training Evaluation Service is to review such programs to determine if there is college equivalency.
If the review determines that the organizationís sponsored training is college level, OEP will award and issue Vermont State College transfer credit to program completers. Credits may be transferred to many colleges in Vermont as part of a studentís degree program.
Reviews are conducted with the assistance of faculty from the Vermont State Colleges.
The goals of ETES are:
- To assist organizations that invest in their employees via training and development
- To help companies add value to human resources development budgets by ensuring faster and more convenient degree completion for employees
- To encourage adults to begin or return to higher education, utilizing the substantial learning they are acquiring through training and education programs at work
- To facilitate relationships between the stateís employment and education communities Review sessions will be conducted at the training site of the sponsoring organization. Fees for evaluations are based on the extent and level of training.
Review teams consider the following factors:
- The subject matter of a course or program, its level of difficulty, and its applicability to college degree programs
- The background of both instructors and students, the duration of a course, and the ongoing application of classroom learning in the studentsí professional environment
- Course materials and assignments
- Evaluation of student learning through examinations, projects or presentations The Vermont State Colleges are committed to evaluating and awarding credit for experiential learning. Besides the ETES service, the OEP offers the Assessment of Prior Learning portfolio course, CLEP and DSST testing, and individual course challenges.
Our clients have included:
- Vermont Department of Corrections
- Vermont Criminal Justice Training Council
- Vermont HITEC CNC Machining Program
- Preservation Education Institute, Historic Windsor, Inc.
- Vermont Army National Guard
- Vermont Small Business Development Center
- Digital Equipment Company
- General Electric, Machinist Apprenticeship Program
- Rutland Regional Medical Center
Contact us today to find out more about ETES and other assessment options: 1-802-828-4064